tHE SUSSEX SLAM WILL USE pink match balls THROUGHOUT THE COMPETITION
Here's the guidance on the management of this initiative:
- Each side shall purchase at least 3 new, competition-branded, pink cricket balls for use throughout the 2020 competition. The price of these is set at a highly competitive £7.00 each;
- TWO balls should be taken to ALL matches (home and away) thereby ensuring that there are 4 balls available for each match;
- The first round of matches in the competition will obviously be using brand new balls. 1 brand new ball should be set aside for use at the start of each innings;
- It is likely that another new ball will be used as a spare in the first matches. Whilst this is recognised as not being ideal, it is a necessity at the start of the competition;
- The second & third round of matches should see new balls available at the start of the match as with the 1st match and as such a new ball should be set aside for start of EACH innings.
- By the fourth match, teams should be using used balls, as such please identify two balls of approximately equal quality before the game and ensure one is kept back for the start of the 2nd innings. If there are two new balls available for any match then they should be used ahead of any older balls;
- It is the BATTING TEAM'S responsibility to search for lost balls during each innings. It is the responsibility of all involved in the competition to support this initiative and keep the games moving along;
- Come the end of the match any balls not found shall be deemed to belong to the BATTING SIDE at the point where the ball was lost, except in circumstances where the loss can be REASONABLY attributed to the fielding side;
- It is each team's responsibility to keep the balls safe between matches and provide them at each match up to and including the regional semi finals. New balls shall be provided for the regional finals and the Finals Day.